Eon Images is a small, owner-run agency founded by a seasoned academic picture researcher with over a decade of experience with photo agencies, royalty-free stock houses, government agencies, university libraries, and private archives.
Eon doesn't aim to compete with large agencies offering high-end photography, wide diversity, and high prices. We offer interesting public domain images for a fair price--it's just that simple.
In a nutshell, here's what we do:
- locate historically interesting, and often seldom-seen, public domain pictures
- make images available for instant download at a decent resolution
- confirm copyright-free status for your peace of mind
- tag pictures extensively with editorial uses in mind
- charge you a fair one-time fee per picture
- provide both free and fee-based traditional picture research
- provide faster-than-average turn-around for special orders from government archives and libraries
Here's what we don't do:
- require permission for you to use a work that is in the public domain
- charge you every time you want to use it
We have thousands more images offline. Our focus is historical content, but we have a good selection of newsworthy or interesting contemporary images.
Eon is a member of the American Society of Picture Professionals (ASPP), with a client list that includes ABC-CLIO, Enslow Publishers, Greenwood Press, Harcourt Brace, K12, Pearson, Premedia Global, and Oxford University Press. Our images have been used in documentaries, textbooks, online educational materials, religious newsletters, corporate websites, and even in board games!
Whether your publication is academic, scholastic, or for a general audience, we have content to meet your needs.